Saturday, April 18, 2009

Twenty Three Years Wiser





As I sit and reflect on the time now being 12:29 a.m. and the fact that on this very day at this very time, twenty three years ago, God was preparing me for my entrance into the world, I wonder?  I ponder whether or not I knew what I wanted to be, or who I was at the time?  Yeah that’s kind of silly.  I know.  But it’s the truth.  As I sit here right now listening to the melodic vocals of Amel Larrieux, embracing the INI, I say to the Greater Sprit, Thank You.  


We all have times in our life when we wonder why?  And more times than not how?  I myself have been guilty of this on more than 1 occasion.  But at the end of all the pondering and wondering, I know why.  Because just like everyone I have a purpose.  The Great Spirit shows me that everyday.  Even right now as I wonder what tomorrow will bring and if it means something greater?  I know I will learn a lesson that will somehow, some way make me wiser.  Fun or not.



I know tradition says not to share your wishes, but you know me.  Tradition only rules a small portion of my life.  My wish is for people to embrace and nurture one and other.  Provide a helping hand, give someone else a word or two of encouragement.  Call a friend and maybe a foe to say how are you.  Simple kindness is what I wish for.  Now keep in mind, I did not say be a door mat.  But just be kind.


In a world were there is so much trouble, there is even more greatness.  It’s within all of us.  Just search for it.  I stepped out of my comfort zone, away from the guilt of heavy weighted unhealthy responsibility, and went after my dreams.  No I’m not making the big bucks, nor am I a star, but I am living my dream.  When I look at my 96 year old Great Grand Dad, I hope that his longevity is passed on to me and that with Gods leadership and insight I can one day provide a wiser prospective to my own children and grands, and so on.  You get the drift.


This past year I have connected with family members I never really new, learned more about the greatness I have always proclaimed to come from (I was right), and of course became wiser.  As the elements line up and throw me off (we are all linked to earths energy, no weird stuff)  I feel the woman inside of me, the woman God designed me to be, come out and show herself.  It feels like just yesterday I was just a little girl with sausage curls, and here I am today a woman.  


Thank you to every one who has added to this journey, and to those in the future I thank you in advance.  I will continue to embrace who I truly am, my African, American Indian, and  French European blood.  I love who I am, and I thank the truly wiser spirit for giving  me the gift of creativity, and warmth.


Off to get some much needed rest and then have organic two layer cake.  Yes!  Look for more pictures and new items.


Remember to always embrace who you are.  If a history loving, cottage style loving little person like me can do it, so can you.


Happy Birthday April Babies!


Sweet Dreams,


Miss Kelli

No comments: